RECENT AMAZON HOME FINDS - PERFECT FOR FALL



I’ve said it in my ‘Moving In’ vlog but I’ll happily say it again. If it’s not STUNNING, I don’t want it! 


My apartment has been bare bones since moving because of this philosophy but I’m slowly arriving at the point where I’m not just focusing on the absolute essentials for day to day living. It’s a nice feeling and a cushty place to be in but I know I’m not out of the woods yet. 


Since coming back from holiday I’ve had a new and refreshing mentality around buying things for my home which is to just do it! No more hovering over the buy button. So, here are some recent, aesthetically pleasing yet essential (if you ask me) purchases.   



Blanket - Purchasing this fairly early on after moving in felt like indulgence but now not only is it the best thing to be wrapped up in this autumn, it’s been a grounding piece for all other bits of decor I’m buying and always adds a chicness to whichever room I put it in.  


Collapsible coffee cup - I love mug walks, especially in autumn but walking and sipping from a regular ass mug is so inconvenient and spillage-prone so this is perfect; plus it comes with a straw. The only downside is that it doesn’t hold heat for ages like a thermos flask would but it does keep your hands warm. Once you’re done, you can squish and store it in your pocket or clip it to your bag.


Spoon rest - I have been searching for agessss for a spoon rest that holds more than one utensil at a time. Why was it so difficult??? How have we convinced ourselves that when making anything, only one spoon is involved?? Anyway, the solution ladies and gentlemen (albeit not a permanent fix for my kitchen) is essentially a silicon tray.


Laundry basket - Judge me all you want but until now my laundry bag has been a beat up, dusty ass, industrial bin bag which I kept in the living room because I was still configuring my bedroom layout. 6 months in, I’m over it and have applied the same trick I’ve been using around my space - make it blend in. When I don’t know what colour to go for or I need to buy things that are essential but otherwise make a space look cluttered, I opt for colours and textures that blend with the walls and generally don’t shout “I’m here!”


Mop & Bucket - I tried. I promise, I really did try to go for function over aesthetics when I first ordered a different mop and bucket off Amazon but even before it arrived it had my back arching with its grey, red and blue ugliness. I didn’t care that it had “step to spin” function, with a quickness I resubscribed to my old ways and found this very demure mop and bucket. Now, I love my readers so I won’t lie to you, you can find it on Amazon for cheaper but delivery is 2-3 weeks or you can buy it straight from the brand and cut out that funny business but pay £4-ish for shipping.


I’d love to know what items are on your ‘need to buy’ list that you haven’t gotten round to buying yet. You never know, I might have the perfect solution for you over on my Amazon storefront.


That’s all I have to report for now. I hope I’ve made your domestic goddess duties that little bit prettier, if not easier. 


Love, 


Essy



Post a Comment