Live With: Pritt on Music






Soooooo I know I haven't posted in approximately 10 years but don't shout at me yet because, because, because: this post cuts straight to the good stuff! Yeah!

In the summer of 2018 I interviewed Pritt - an upcoming R&B singer-songwriter based in the UK - at the International Magic Studio . This was my first ever face-to-face interview for my blog and for The Lost Sounds podcast however I wasn't able to put it together as quickly as I'd have liked.






Now I have. 

And then I went back to hang out with her and take some photos. 

On film.

For the first time! 

Finally, no more fake grain, fake dust and fake polaroid filters. Scroll and enjoy my absolute favourites from 1 and a half rolls of 35mm film.



When we met up to discuss her journey and her music on both occasions we also discussed things slightly outside of that which were not recorded. I remember talking at length about social media and the pressure it puts on creatives when others, especially those younger than you seem to be making it big and the constant comparisons you catch yourself making as you go down the explore page...


...and the isolation and loneliness that comes with feeling like no one in your immediate environment can relate to your ideas, dreams or overall creative passions. How that alone makes you unmotivated and you find yourself struggling to come up with new ideas and create.






And the need for more successful non-western artists in the industry to aid the lack of cultural and racial representation or misinterpretation so that our friends and siblings coming behind us don't also feel as though no one in their immediate environment can relate to them.


We spoke about that and so much more but all that alone was just a side note. The Lost Sounds aims to promote a pathway for talents lost and/ buried in the noise of it all. Listen to the podcast yourself, if you like what you hear follow them on SoundCloud or stay in the loop on Instagram.

Love,

from Lem x




2 comments

  1. This is thoughtful & interesting & important. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete